Sunday, February 3, 2013

birthday giggles

I've been thinking a lot about laughter, and trying to pinpoint what really tickles me. This weekend I celebrated my 20th birthday with my closest friends; I might even admit that it was one of the best weekends of my life. I laughed so much this weekend. Why? Pure happiness. This weekend I set aside the worries of school, and spent genuine time with my friends. Really getting to know people, meeting new friends, and bonding over old memories stirs up much laughter. I've realized that laughter doesn't always come from a funny story, a witty joke, or a situation full of irony; there was a new kind of laughter that came about this weekend, and it was of happiness. I like that, happy laughter. 

Make sense right? Contagious laughter while being surrounded by your closest friends, who know your weaknesses and vulnerabilities and yet will still share genuine companionship. That feeling of closeness will bring about great happiness, and of course laughter. 

Laughter is a great response to something humorous, but it's also a sign of contentment, happiness, and joy. As I get caught up in the day to day things, I sometimes lose sight of what is going on around me. There is so much to be happy about and this weekend brought back those positive feelings. Since I had such an uplifting weekend, I'm optimistic for the weeks to come, taking advantage of any opportunity to spend time with my closest friends, and of course, laugh.  

Cheers to the 20s!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, Thanks for posting. I think you're right about laughter. It does bring us pleasure. Happy Birthday! dw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I really enjoyed reading this post! I totally agree with you...I LOVE happy laughter! I think it is probably one of the best kinds of laughter because it is so genuine! You are definitely right in saying, "That feeling of closeness will bring about great happiness, and of course laughter." You seem to be blessed with great friends, and it sounds like you had an amazing 20th birthday! I hope that you have many more uplifting weekends throughout this semester:)

    ReplyDelete